‘Mei’ in Chinese means ‘everything is pretty’ or ‘beautiful’ and is the key theme running through the venue and food. With dishes from China, Japan, Malaysia, India, Singapore and Thailand the Oriental Buffet dining concept is new to Taunton and broadens the range of culinary choice for those eating out in Town.
Welcome to Mei's Chinese Buffet Restaurant; a unique dining experience in Taunton
The safety and well-being of our employees, customers and community is our utmost priority
Things may be little different for a while, so please bear with us. We are focused on making sure the community can return with confidence and safe. There will also be some changes to our normal style of service ensuring everyone is safe. We still make sure you get the most out of your Mei’s experience.
Our success is dependent on everyone playing their part and following the guidance we have had to put in place to comply with the current Government Guidance:
- Please do not come into the restaurant if you have symptoms of Covid 19
Each customer may have their temperature checked. Management reserve the right to refuse entry for anyone who show Covid 19 symptoms.
- We strongly advise everyone to make advance booking online or call us
We will be complying with the NHS track and trace process and will ask for contact details when you book. Please be aware that we are keeping your record temporary for 21 days after your booking day.
- Walk in customers are still welcome
Customers that have booked in advance will have priority. Walk-in customers need to fill in their details on entry.
- In light to new social distancing rules, the maximum people per table is 6.
Any booking larger than 6 people to contact us for further information.
- Please arrive promptly to minimise queuing
- Please wait to be seated and we will advise how the system work once seated
- Please use hand sanitisers
Please use hand sanitisers on entry and continue to clean your hand regularly at the sanitiser stations.
- Special diet including allergy
Please speak to our management team on arrival if you have any special diet including allergy.
- Maintain distance and avoid contact with others not in your party
- Tables have been positioned 1m apart to retain social distancing
- We may bring your drinks to your table when necessary
- You will notice all our team is wearing PPE
- Screens have been installed
Screens have been installed at all food stations and dishes will be served by our team. Please be patient.
- Please follow the directional signage or floor marks
- Children up to the age of 12 are always supervised
We ask that children up to the age of 12 are always supervised, including food counters.
- Be mindful and respectful of others at all times
Photos on this site are courtesy of Missing A Trick Photography